Saturday, April 4, 2015

Infinity Stones

It was an ancient society, reminiscent of Judea. Children were sometimes born with a stone inside them correlating with a different universal process. Our society revolves around these people, they are our spiritual elders, they have control over their element and work in harmony to channel all the right energy in a balanced way. 

Once or twice a generation, we travel to the ancient city on the ocean (reminiscent of Jerusalem) to  "elect" elders to the counsel. The city has high stone walls made of huge blocks. the layout is a little bit labyrinthine and reminds me of the cities of the indus valley.

My little sister was born with a purple stone inside her and so we must go, all families with stone children must. She is very young, less than ten, and the city is across the sea. Our family will take the trip alone. We swim there and as we pass a structure (looks like one of those really big power line things, pylons) my sister stops, We keep swimming but I turn back after a bit to check on her. When I reach her she is awake but unresponsive, transfixed by something. I see a little bit of polished green stone/enamel in the sand and dig it up. It is a green pendant/plate/shield with silver workmanship depicting a woman with long hair, my thought is Medusa. I bury it again and help my sister catch up.

Once we reach the pier on the outskirts of the city, we are greeted by disciples with warmth and kisses. The pier looks crappy, like it was slapped together by people who don't know what they're doing. Te boards are old and warped, some of them dark with rot. We know the people somehow, perhaps they are cousins or friends of friends, and there is one person, a Jesus figure, who is famous. We are awaiting his arrival. 

The man arrives soon and It is not long before we go to the city center to "elect" the elders. It's not an election exactly, the counsel chooses a person and a secular force must approve. Nobody says no. The elders are chosen and we go to the feast hall to celebrate. Chaos and violence erupts over something and several of the newly elected elders are killed. My sister is now the only one who can serve in the purple spot but I am concerned about the pendant thing. I communicate this to the high counsel woman and she blows me off, too much going on. I learn that my sister's stone, the purple one, is associated with chaos, violence, and destruction. I cannot imagine my baby sister channeling such energy.


We shelter from the chaos in a tiny room somewhere but there is a monster in there (reminiscent of Dr. Who's Weeping Angels). I tell them to keep their eyes shut, to not look at the creature, and I manage to get out and run away. I run to the abandoned part of the docks, they are falling apart. In the water there are redstone platforms like giant stepping stones that I have to jump onto to keep running.  I fall in the water. I don't know who else survived, I fear I am the only one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment